Sixty Two new mid market rent properties at Leith Fort will be available to rent from Persevere Developments Limited, subsidiary of Port Of Leith Housing Association, during 2017. Both two and three bedroom properties, designed in a colony style with private gardens, will begin to be available from spring 2017, and continue in phases into the summer.
Two Bedroom Properties £630pcm - NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICAITONS FOR TWO BEDROOMS
The two bedroom properties enjoy a well-defined open plan kitchen/living room and will include floor coverings, oven, hob and extractor fan . Two bedrooms with build in wardrobes and tv points. Bathroom with white sanitary ware, bath, electric shower. chrome towel warmers and anti slip vinyl flooring. Heating and hot water provided by a Worcester Bosch combination energy efficient gas-fired condensing boiler.
Property is suitable for a maximum of three people
Mid Market Criteria - minimum household income £21,000 maximum £39,067
Three Bedroom Properties £808pcm
The three bedroom duplex properties are located above the two bedroom properties. The Duplex properties comprise on the first floor, three large double bedrooms with build in wardrobes and tv points. Family bathroom with white sanitary ware, bath with electric shower, chrome towel warmers and anti slip vinyl flooring. Ample storage. The second /top floor has a large bright living space with a separate kitchen, utility and wc. Heating and hot water provided by a Worcester Bosch combination energy efficient gas-fired condensing boiler.
Property is suitable for a maximum of six people
Mid Market Criteria - minimum household income £25,000 maximum £39,067
Viewings during February 2017
First Stage Allocation April 2017
Leith Fort is within close proximity to the Leith shore and Ocean Terminal with its selection of shops, restaurants and cinema. The location is perfectly situated for easy access to Edinburgh’s city centre.
Who is it for?
MMR aims to help people who are working and who would otherwise be unable to afford to purchase property in the current market and find full market rent too expensive. Anyone is welcome to apply, but properties are allocated using our prioritisation model described in the “How are the properties allocated” section.
What properties are available?
We currently advertise any available properties in our office window and on the citylets website:
If I am not accepted in the first instance can I re-apply for other Mid Market Properties?
Yes you can apply for our current Mid Market Properties – we hold applications for all eligible applicants for up to three months and contact them should any of our existing properties become available.
All new developments will require a new application form.
You can download it here. Application Form Request an application form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0131 554 0403
- First time buyers.
- Those living in private rented housing, living with family, friends or relatives, or lacking security of tenure in their current home.
- Owners of properties where a change of circumstances (e.g. health or relationship breakdown) is forcing or requiring a move (in these circumstances, it will be expected that the former home is or will be sold prior to, or immediately after, the commencement of a tenancy).
- Those either currently occupying or on a waiting list in respect of council or housing association property.
- Currently serving and ex-service personnel and their families.
- Priority will then be given to eligible applicants who are:
- Those living with family, friends or relatives.
- Those lacking security of tenure in their current home.
- Property owners will not normally be considered a priority unless their circumstances are forcing a move (e.g. through ill health or relationship breakdown).