Welfare reform

Universal credit

Universal Credit is provided by the Department of work and Pensions (DWP) and helps with your living costs. Universal Credit will replace Child Tax Credit, Housing Benefit, Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and Working Tax Credit.

How do I apply?

You can only apply for Universal Credit online, if you need help applying or are looking for advice, please consult the advice and support section.

Your rent matters

Paying your rent on time and in full is important. If you’re going to struggle financially whilst waiting for Universal Credit, you may be entitled to an advanced payment. Please speak to your housing officer and our support team about money management at the earliest possible date.

Can’t find what you need? Find contact details