Report a repair
During office hours report on 0808 100 0403
Out-of-hours report 0800 783 7937
In certain out-of-hours emergencies, the following numbers may be more appropriate:
|Gas leaks||Transco||0800 111 999|
|Burst pipes||Scottish Water||0845 600 8855|
|Electrical supply||Scottish Power||0845 2727 999|
|Crime||Leith Police Station||0131 554 9350|
If using these, you should let us know what has happened as soon as possible so that we can arrange any follow-up work, which is needed.
In certain circumstances, we have to charge tenants for repairs. This happens when the work required is the tenant’s responsibility under the terms of their tenancy. Please view the page on Repair Responsibilities for more information on repairs.
Emergency repairs include:
- No heating (winter time only)
- No electrics (Please check your trip switch if you have one. If it has tripped, switch off all your appliances and then reset it. If the fault is traced to an appliance you will be charged the cost of the call out).
- Gas leak
- Water leak
- Blocked W.C.
- Broken window – ground floor flat only
- Roof leak
Please note that if you lose your keys, we will not send out a locksmith. It is your responsibility to look after your keys and to arrange a locksmith if they are lost or stolen.
2. Non-emergency repairs
You can report a repair the following ways:
- Call the Property team on 0808 100 0403
- Out of hours emergency repairs can be reported to the Bield 24-hour response line on 0800 783 7937
- Email us at PropertyAdmin@polha.co.uk or complete the form below.
- In person at our office (108 Constitution Street, Leith, EH6 6AZ)
- Or in writing addressed to Property Admin at the above address.
Our main contractor for day-to-day repairs is T.B. Mackay Ltd. If they are carrying out your repair, the following appointment slots will be offered.
|Time slot||Monday to Friday||Saturday|
|Early morning||8am to 10am||8am to 10am|
|Late morning||10am to 12pm||10am to 12pm|
|Early afternoon||12pm to 2pm||12pm to 2pm|
|Late afternoon||2pm to 5pm||2pm to 5pm|
|Evening||5pm to 8pm||Not available|