The Community Works Care Project provides qualifications and training for people looking to help and support people. This can mean care work or providing advice and assistance. We work with reputable employers to find sustainable jobs that meet your needs..
1. Who can attend the project?
Leithers or people living in North Edinburgh who are looking for a job can join the project. You may have worked as a support worker, care assistant or some other role in the in the past or simply have a genuine interest in helping others. Participants need to have the right to work in the UK.
2. How do I get onto the programme?
Contact Rachel Hutton on 0131 553 8784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a friendly chat.
3. How do I refer someone onto the programme?
Any Edinburgh based organisation can complete our one page referral form. We will contact the referred person within 3 working days.
4. When does the project start?
The project is ongoing with participants receiving training and one-to-one support according to their needs.
5. What does the project consist of?
Training provides participants with an Introduction to Care award covering:
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Level 1
- Health & Safety at Work Level 2
- Food Hygiene Level 2
- First Aid at Work (you will become an accredited First Aider)
You will also receive one-to-one assistance in applying for jobs :
- Creating or updating your CV
- Filling out application forms
- Interview skills
- Interview practice
We will also help you find shadowing opportunities to learn more about the job.