Port of Leith Housing Association is actively involved in the regeneration of Leith and north Edinburgh. Since it was established in 1975, the Association has invested heavily in the area, using a combination of grant funding from Scottish Government and City of Edinburgh Council and private finance raised by the Association.
• To identify and investigate development opportunities across Leith and North Edinburgh, and develop a pipeline programme of future developments;
• To investigate innovative methods of procuring and financing new housing developments;
• To provide a range of housing options and tenures, including social housing, mid market rent and housing for sale;
• To develop non-social (e.g. mid market rent) housing on behalf of the Association’s wholly owned subsidiary Persevere Developments Ltd;
• To provide for a range of housing needs, for example wheelchair adapted and family housing;
• To streamline procurement to ensure efficiency, transparency and value for money;
• To promote excellence of design;
• To ensure long term benefits to the community;
• To develop sustainable communities.
If you would like to discuss any potential project, please contact one of the Development Team on 0131 553 8750.
1. New developments
Take a look at our current development programme including planned developments and properties under construction.
2. Development archive
Explore our finished developments in the Port of Leith Housing Association archive.
3. Looking for a home right now?
If you’re interested in finding a new social rent home or property for mid market rent, we can help.
What is social housing?
Social housing is offered at affordable rents for anyone over the age of 16 in particular housing need. There is a common application form used by the council and housing associations in Edinburgh called an EdIndex form.
What is mid market rent?
Mid market rent (MMR) aims to help people who are working and who would otherwise be unable to afford to purchase property in the current market. Our MMR properties are listed on the Citylets website.
Got a question?
If you’re unsure about how to apply for social housing or mid market rent, please contact us for more information.
Phone: 0131 554 0403