Our rebranding story
We’re making some changes
We’re not after any ta-dah moments, thrills or surprises. We’re working to align our growing services in Leith and north Edinburgh as we seek to deliver our mission:
“To make a positive impact on people’s lives in Leith and north Edinburgh by providing affordable homes and services, and creating brilliant communities.”
1. Not just a housing association
You may be aware that in recent months and years our organisation has grown into a larger group of organisations (subsidiaries) serving communities in Leith and north Edinburgh.
We are collectively a housing association (PoLHA), mid market rent company (Persevere Developments Ltd), placemaking social enterprise (Quay Community Improvements) and boiler and energy service provider (T.B. Mackay).
In order to bring together our services in Leith and north Edinburgh, we are now reviewing our Group’s branding and visual identity.
2. Why now?
You may be asking why we’re changing our branding now. Branding is much more than our logo or what we look like, it shapes the way we exist and operate within the local community. So, why now?
- Despite the name you most likely know us by, we’re no longer solely a housing association. We are a group of subsidiaries providing affordable homes and services within Leith and north Edinburgh.
- While our subsidiaries are distinct from one another, we are all working towards the same strategic goals. We must align our approaches to ensure brilliant service delivery across the Group.
- We’re moving towards a more digital approach. Many elements of our current branding do not work well online.
- The Group has embarked on a new five-year strategy which places community at the heart of what we do. Our branding should reflect the new placemaking and community-focused strands developing alongside our housing services.
- Our current branding has not changed in over two decades and does not reflect how we have grown and changed over that time.
3. The story so far
Earlier in October we held focus groups with a small number of customers, staff and Board members. We heard a wide variety of views, and the appetite for change, while not unanimous, was strong.
Photo: Our Board branding focus group in October 2020.
We have now gathered feedback from all our customers, staff and the wider community. This information will help inform our creative brief. Watch this space!
We will update this page after the next stage of our branding review.
Why is PoLHA rebranding?
Please see the ‘Section 2: Why now?’ above.
How is the branding project funded?
Spend on the branding project is a small proportion of our total overhead costs. All organisations have overheads and ours are covered by rental income and income generated from grants and commercial activities eg our subsidiaries PDL and Quay.
How many subsidiaries does PoLHA have?
The PoLHA Group is made up of Port of Leith Housing Association, Persevere Developments Ltd., Quay Community Improvements, and T.B. Mackay Boiler and Energy Service.